My Reply follows quote. On 22/10/2004 17:59 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Just joined the list after recommendation from another user..........
>
>My 3400c has been acting up dealing with a digital projector. I have been
>able to determine I need a cc388d series cable (15pin-15pin) which will
>allow the powerbook to interface with the projector.
>
>They told me to ensure that "the video output settings on the powerbook are
>set that the external output has been enabled"
>
>I can't find any information on how that is checked or enabled. Can anyone
>give me some help/instructions?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ron
-------
Just a few guesses.

First, the cable sounds like a "standard" VGA cable, such as used
with PCs to connect monitors.

The PowerBook G3 Series has a VGA output port on the back. Don't know
about the 3400c, but from the user's manual, it appears to have the
same capability. From the user's manual, it can out put signals to TV
type monitors as:

Monitor type        Resolution                Bits per pixelÝ
NTSC TV monitor     512 x 384*               1, 4, 8, 16, 24
NTSC TV monitor     640 x 480                1, 4, 8, 16
PAL TV monitor      640 x 480*               16
PAL TV monitor      1024 x 768               1, 4, 8, 16
* An asterisk indicates the startup resolution.
  Other resolutions can be selected using the Control Strip.
Ý Bits per pixel indicate the number of colors a monitor can
  display at a given resolution. For example, 1 bit = 4 colors;
  4 bits = 16 colors; 8 bits = 256 colors; 16 bits = thousands
of colors; and 24 bits = millions of colors.

It says that many other types of monitors are also supported. It also
notes that if you connect the monitor after starting up the computer,
the monitor will not be recognized.

Generally, if you shut the computer down, connect the monitor, switch
the monitor on, then start the computer, the monitor should be
recognized.

Then, open the monitors control panel, and you should see a second
monitor on the panel's window. You can also select the monitor and
adjust the resolution as needed. Depending on the projector, you may
have to fiddle with it to see optimum display.

Ken