A-NO-NE Music wrote:

>Anyway, I have an idea.  I move PM folder a lot.  Between machines,
>carry with 2.5" drives, etc.  This might be the source of problem.
>Since PM being a native Mac app, I'd think it is not using absolute path
>but rather using relative path, which should work, but it might not be
>when you duplicate the directory for backup purpose....?

Attachments received (or sent) with a version prior of PowerMail 5 are
referred by a path relative to the attachment folder. So if they have
been moved, or renamed, the connection is lost.
Attachments received (or sent) with PowerMail 5.x are referred by an
alias relative to the attachment folder. Aliases use both a file ID, and
a path. If you move or rename the file, it is still found by ID. If you
move your data to another machine, the ID is not preserved, but the file
is still found by its path, if it has not been renamed.
When you compact your database, or perform a verification of the
consistency, attachment aliases are verified; if the path has changed
but they are still found by ID, the path is update, and vice versa.
So, it's a good thing to compact or verify your database from time to
time, and especially before moving your database to another machine, to
ensure that the attachment references are fully up to date.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "What amazes me is the content search, the foxtrot engine is amazing!
    I have about 100mb of emails and searches are instantaneous!"
  Boh Heong Yap, PowerMail user

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com