Hi

When I attempted an upgrade from 4.2 to 5.0, all hell broke loose!  Upon
starting up, the sort index function started, got  to the end, and then the
app quit (5.0).

 I went back and tried to open with 4.2, and the same
thing happens, except I get a dialog box that says " Power Mail Engine
error occured" There are two buttons. the "More Info" yields another
dialog box that says " Class = MAS, what= 1, when=100".  Clicking the OK
button DOES NOT clear the dialog box. Meanwhile, I can see my browser
window open, but can't access it since I can't past the endless loop of the
non-working dialog  box. It iwas necessary to Force Quit.

I was able to work around the problem by bypassing the sorting function. I did
that by first trashing the Message database index file within the PowerMail
Files  Folder,then opening 4.2 , and then selecting the PowerMail Files Folder
( which still had the Message databse file but not the Message database index
file). BUT, any attempt at using the sorting function takes me through the
process , sorting 15,000 messages, and then at the very end I get the above
problem again.

What's wrong and what can I do?

Thanks
Rick

Thanks

Rick

PS: I'm on digest mode. Please e-mail me direct