This move to putting prefs inside the apps in Panther is pretty
boneheaded. I can see part of the point. Novices don't necessarily equate
the Internet and the apps they use to access various things on it (WWW,
email, FTP, NNTP, etc.). But, personally, I don't see why they had to get
rid of the Internet control panel and settings. After all, not everyone
uses a web browser for FTP services, so where does one set those now?

I urge everyone to write to <http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/> and
request that Apple return a way to select Internet apps outside of the
apps themselves. If they want to leave access to such a thing within the
apps, fine. Be critical, but be nice about it. :)

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions