Hi all.

For some reason, I've been getting regular internet connection outages
at around the same time every night -- nothing to do with Powermail of
course, but it does have a side effect. Often the connection goes down
during a mail fetch, and I find that I am left with a half-downloaded,
broken-icon message.

The problem is that if (once service is restored) I use either of PM's
options for dealing with this message -- 'Retrieve completely now' or
'Retrieve completely at next connection' -- the message is NOT retrieved
but it's Status icon changes to indicate that it is no longer on the
server. So it's lost, and I have no way to know whether it was just spam
or a request for me to do a billion dollars worth of design work for the
Apple. (I know, I know.)

Is this a fault with PM? I have to assume that it is, since it is PM
that is manipulating the messages on the server (flagging them for
deletion, deleting as necessary, etc).

FWIW, my settings are for PM to leave messages on the server for 1 day
after download, just in case (which was supposed to avoid this problem).

I guess I should update to the full finished version of 5.5 (to be
honest, until I checked I thought I was using the last previous non-beta
version; I'd forgotten that I'd upped to the 5.5 beta2 a while back).

Is there anything different about PM's handling of broken messages
between the beta I'm using and the full version?

Cheers;
Rick
--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.7  ::  PM 5.5b2  ::  3 pane mode

Shark Attack: A Design Studio
<www.sharkattack.co.uk>