Hi,
 I get a lot of emails that include numbers instead of punctuation.  Like
this:

>I1ve got an office of users ready for a lynching - mine as a result of
>issues they are experiencing with Word. I1ve done a fair amount of research

I can see that where I would expect single quote ', I see a 1. Sometimes
it is a 2, or 3 for similar punctuation marks, like double quotes.
Usually these senders are using a MS mail program, and I think they are
using curly quotes.

What can a PowerMail user do so their emails will look correct when received?

I'm in USA, and my PowerMail prefs are set to:
Languge family: US/Western Europe
Use Character set: ISO-8859-1 (Latin1, Western Europe)

TIA,
 DaveN