powermail-discuss Digest #2590 - Monday, March 26, 2007

  Re: Powermail Failure...Please Help
          by "Mikael Byström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Powermail Failure...Please Help
          by "Mikael Byström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Powermail Failure...Please Help
          by "Robert Morrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Powermail Failure...Please Help
From: "Mikael Byström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:07:08 +0200

Robert Morrison sa så här:

>Thanks, I did everything right the first time...I guess powermail is
>just too risky for me...I need reliability and it appears powermail
>doesn't have it.

Powermail is very reliable in my experience, though migration do have
minor problems from time to time.

Your problems sound to me like you should export/import the address book
separately or not at all. I did have problems with a large corrupt
address book once and deleting and solved all problems. Doesn't Mail use
Apple's Address book? So keep that and check in the preferences
(Synchronization tab) that PowerMail uses the Apple address book. Don't
activate synchronization now.

You should also make sure that you actually are using the the PowerMail
files folder that you think you'r e using. Change user environment and
choose the one you assume. Also see if it's possible you have multiple
PowerMail files folders.

Mikael

Tech facts:
PM 5.5.2 Swedish | OS X 10.4.5 | Powerbook G4/550Mhz | 1GB RAM | 80GB HD

From: "Mikael Byström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:06:10 +0200

Robert Morrison sa så här:

From: "Robert Morrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:44:46 -0500

Thanks to all for the suggestions...you are a very friendly
community...but I switched back to Apple Mail.

I spent a couple of hours and rebuilt my mail preferences and
reimported mail files into mail and now I'm getting faster searching
in Mail than I got in Powermail...the only reason I considered
switching in the first place.  The interface advantages of mail
(e.g., smart folders, segregated mailboxes, html mail, consistent
header viewing, etc) are just to much for me to give up in the end.

Best,

Robert

On Mar 25, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Mikael Byström wrote:

> Robert Morrison sa så här:
>
>> Thanks, I did everything right the first time...I guess powermail is
>> just too risky for me...I need reliability and it appears powermail
>> doesn't have it.
>

> Powermail is very reliable in my experience, though migration do have
> minor problems from time to time.
>
> Your problems sound to me like you should export/import the address
> book
> separately or not at all. I did have problems with a large corrupt
> address book once and deleting and solved all problems. Doesn't
> Mail use
> Apple's Address book? So keep that and check in the preferences
> (Synchronization tab) that PowerMail uses the Apple address book.
> Don't
> activate synchronization now.
>
> You should also make sure that you actually are using the the
> PowerMail
> files folder that you think you'r e using. Change user environment and
> choose the one you assume. Also see if it's possible you have multiple
> PowerMail files folders.
>

> Mikael
>
> Tech facts:
> PM 5.5.2 Swedish | OS X 10.4.5 | Powerbook G4/550Mhz | 1GB RAM |
> 80GB HD

End of powermail-discuss Digest