Follow up:

Looks like anything that moves the attachment prevents the script from
working. If the attachment is moved *after* the script is called (but as
part of the same filter pass, eg at incoming mail) then the script just
fails silently -- presumably it starts to work but the attachment gets
moved half way through the tagging process.

If the attachment is moved *before* the tagging script is called (eg as
part of a single filter where the Action is to move the attachment then
tag it) then I get the report "The attachment has been moved since download".

It looks like this is part of the script though, not PM.
Maybe the script needs updating to accommodate filter-moved attachments;
I don't think that functionality was available to PM's filters when the
script was written!

That's beyond my abilities right now tho.
Anyone want to have a go?

(NB I've not tried Cheshirekat's script yet. Does that take account of
filter-moved attachments?)

Rick

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.7  ::  PM 5.5.2  ::  3 pane mode