Rick,

I'm not sure I follow you, but I think you might have the original issue
backwards.

The problem is that when I try to move mail from PowerMail to Mail, it
*all* shows up as unread, regardless of it's read status in PowerMail. I
want to preserve the correct read status as I move mail over.

I would think that PowerMail has a flag that it sets on a piece of mail
to indicate whether it's read or not, and it seems like it's just not
exporting that accurately.

CTM engineering? Any comments?

TIA,

Steve

On 9/19/07 at 11:54 AM, Rick Lecoat ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

>On 18/9/07 (03:49) Steve said:
>
>>I have over 100 nested folders, somewhere between 50k-100k emails, and
>>the read and unread are interspersed throughout. Creating an "unread"
>>folder and moving all unread mail there, then putting it back, would be
>>a massive undertaking.
>
>Steve;
>
>If you're moving the messages into Mail, then you have the Wonderful
>World of Smart Folders open to you (hey, CTM? You listening?).
>You should be able to create a smart folder with the criteria "Show
>unread messages". It'll list all your unread mail WITHOUT moving it from
>it's actual nested location, and you can simply select all and Mark as
>Read or whatever. Then you can simply delete your (now suddenly empty)
>smart folder.
>
>Shazaam!
>I'm here till Thursday. Tip your waitress.

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker 7 & 8 Certified Developer
        http://www.asctech.com