On 11/18/07, at 9:21 AM, MB [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>T.L. Miller told:
>
>>My most recent DB is in my Applications folder. I do have some PM files,
>>including a Message DB, in my User folder, but they are 2 1/2 years ago
>>-- probably for 5.2.
>
>Why do you prefer to keep it there? Have you lost the fact that Apple's
>OS X folder organization gives you one stop for backups? Why scatter
>important files all over your HD and why put them in to places where you
>*could* delete them, like when you're updating PowerMail or making a
>reinstallation of the OS? What's the gain for you in keeping data in the
>Applications folder?

Why do I keep the PM DB in my PM folder which is inside my Applications
folder?  I don't know.  If CTM didn't intend for it to be there, I must
have done it years ago.  It works fine there and runs no risk of being
deleted.  When PM gets updated, I move the new components to the PM
folder and never have had a problem.  In fact I think, when I was on a
trip, I moved the entire PM folder to my PowerBook and used it there briefly.

The simple answer: It works for me and has for years.

Tom Miller
"The only time we see the middle of the road is as
we run from side to side." R.O.Clark