I've tried to  distribute press releases to media via large e-mail groups
that I've set up in PowerMail (400-plus addresses in some cases). It has
been an unsuccessful endeavor.

Instead of sending an e-mail/press release to the whole group
simultaneously, it seems to look at each address in the group
individually and put the e-mail in a queue to each individual before
moving on to the next address. This can take quite a while.

The stickler is when PowerMail finds a malformed address in the list. It
stops the process entirely--without having sent the e-mail to anyone in
the group--and generates an error message. I need to go in and fix or
delete the malformed address, then try to send the e-mail to the group
all over again. I have been successful only one time before giving
up--and the one successful send took over 20 minutes to complete!

Any suggestions? Do I need to find a good large group e-mail app for the
Mac?

--Mark