>MaxBulkMailer
><http://www.maxprog.com>
>may be the perfect tool for your task.

I've tried BulkMailer as well, does not really address the names
properly (recognizing first and last names as provided by PowerMail).
For me, this has not been the real problem as much as the big ISPs
blackmailing mails that are sent in large numbers, regardless of whether
you are welcomed by the sender or not; send out bulk emails, you are a
SPAMMER. If you want to build and maintain a viable business email
solution, you'll eventually have to go through a third party email
marketing company such as Vertical Response, with viable opt-in and opt-
out features.

Although I have many thousands of addressees collected over the years, I
have found PowerMail severely lacking in helping the needs of serious
businesses who want to create and maintain an email marketing tool.
Requests to make the deletion of "dead" addresses easily and
systematically have gone unanswered, so I KNOW the next time I send out
a bulk email (MaxBulkMailer or not) I will have to hand-pick and delete
literally hundreds and hundreds of dead addresses, one by one. Do
yourself a favor (if this is the direction you're going), make the
transition as soon as you can, possibly separating a business address
from one you use for more personal communications. Something I wish I
had done years ago.

Hope this helps, I know I will eventually have to break away from PM, I
just loath the idea of the amount of work involved.

Regards...

--
Steve's Authentic, Inc.
204 Van Dyke Street