Matthias Schmidt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] said on Sat, 22 Nov 2008
00:32:59 +0900

>No I didn't miss that one, but we could do that before.

Ah, but I wasn't replying to you :).

>What they added is just a "Macro" for doing so automatically.

Yes,  I agree, like I said "It's not idea",  but it does make the
process somewhat easier.

>>Instead of multiplying risks with bigger and bigger databases, PowerMail
>>works around the 2GB database limit by enabling the archiving and
>>splitting into several smaller indexable message corpuses.
>
>I don't see the point. Where is the risk?

I supposed the see risk in that a bigger file is more complex and
therefore more easily corrupted.

>Any bigger SQL database is handling gigabytes of data since years.

Agreed.

>There is a problem, but no risk.
>The problem is called time machine.

Yep, I'd prefer a more elegant solution.

Best.

--
Derry Thompson
g l o d e r w o r k s | Design - Hosting - Programming