powermail-discuss Digest #2926 - Friday, December 19, 2008

  Re(2): The 2GB limit
          by "Speedware Office" <powerm...@speedware.at>
  Re: The 2GB limit
          by "Kjell Olausson" <kj...@kio.nu>
  Importing messages from Eudora 6
          by "Tobias Jung" <new...@tobiasjung.net>
  Re: The 2GB limit
          by "Kjell Olausson" <kj...@kio.nu>
  Exported mail databases cannot be imported
          by <powerm...@lisauskas.net>
  Re: Importing messages from Eudora 6
          by "Dave N" <dave.li...@nathanson.org>

Subject: Re(2): The 2GB limit
From: "Speedware Office" <powerm...@speedware.at>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:01:31 +0100

Jeremy Hughes (jer...@softpress.com) wrote at Do, 18. Dez 2008, 18:04 Uhr:
>Splitting my email database into two (or more) environments seems like a
>poor workaround to me, because it means that I have to switch
>environments every time I want to search through my email. Running two
>copies of PM simultaneously might make this slightly easier, but I still
>have to search twice.

I agree that it would be better to find an appropriate solution to
the problem, but as I am close to the 2 GB limit I can't wait any
longer, specially as it's not known yet, if they are going to fix it at
all. I have to find a solution NOW.

>Currently, the only plan that I have is either (1) switch to another
>email program entirely (probably Apple Mail) or (2) use Apple Mail for
>mailing list emails (some of which are high-volume), and continue using
>PowerMail for other emails.

Yes, that's how I figured it out too, but with two different version of
PM not only with different mailclients.

>You might be able to continue using PowerMail for a bit longer if you
>compact your database regularly (I currently have to do this twice a week).

Same here, but it's not a permanent solution.

Paul

--

Speedware - Service zur Förderung der digitalen Kommunikation
http://www.speedware.biz