On 8/25/10 5:05 PM, "PowerMail discussions"   wrote:

>>> However:
>>> Just for such cases (mobile mailing_and_  home/office mailing with the
>>> same account) an IMAP4 account should be your method of choice! It's
>>> much better and safer then a POP3 account.
>>>
>>> To understand the big difference have a look at this:

Well, for mobile apps, that makes sense I guess. But for the home
office, I don't want to store mail on the server and have it set to
delete it after 30 days. Having a local copy and a searchable database
of emails is part of my workflow.  Otherwise with IMAP I have to leave
it disorganized online or I have to duplicate my folder structure on the
server. That is a pain and a duplication of my efforts. Not efficient or
helpful.

Jeff

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing