Hello All

I was asked these question on lead shielding by one of the rad instrument
manufacturers.

Questions.
1. Are there rules in power plants against lead that is not totally encased?
2. Lead antimony alloy: have you used it? What percentage Antimony might be
good? Where to look for suppliers, what industries use this.

Here at Los Alamos the use of lead shielding is discouraged but still used.
Typically lead bricks are painted and rules are in place about handling of lead.

Shieldwerx in Rio Rancho, NM produces some shielding products, but I am not
very familiar with those products.

I believe the questions about lead shielding are more Industrial Hygiene rather
than nuclear plant operations.

What is your experience with lead shielding ?

Thanks

Tom