From: Neil A Szuch [mailto:neil.sz...@dteenergy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 11:42 AM
To: 'Powernet@hpspowernet.org'
Subject: [powernet] Quick Hit Benchmark - Emergent Dose Control

*** Exercise caution. This is an EXTERNAL email. DO NOT open attachments or
click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ***
I am wondering what the other plants are doing in regards to emergent dose
authorization. Here at Fermi we have an emergent dose form that work groups
fill out and need to get approval from RPS, RP General Supervisor, RPM, or
Plant Manager depending upon the total amount of dose they are requesting.

How are other plants handling the need to add dose during your work weeks?

Who can approve the additional dose? How much can they approve?

We are looking to see if we can improve our process for emergent dose control.

Thanks,
Neil Szuch

DTE Energy
Fermi 2 - Radiation Protection Supervisor
Office: OSB 116
(734)586-4795

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein

Top 5 Themes: Ideation, Activator, Command, Competition, Deliberative