From: Powernet [mailto:powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org] On Behalf Of Beth
Heyeck via Powernet
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 3:35 PM
To: powernet@HPSpowernet.org
Cc: Beth Heyeck
Subject: [External] [Powernet] Neutron dose tracking

We are looking at streamlining our neutron dose tracking and are wondering how
other plants are performing it.

1.      Which do you use for determining neutron dose for workers in Neutron
Exposure Areas:

a.      Stay time tracking

b.      Gamma to neutron ratios

c.      Neutron sensitive SRDs

d.      Other

2.      Do you have specific criteria for using any of the above?

3.      Are there any exemptions to tracking neutron doses in Neutron Exposure
Areas, and how are those documented?

4.      Do you track neutron dose outside of Neutron Exposure Areas/when
handling neutron sources?

5.      How often do you perform neutron surveys of Neutron Exposure Areas?

Elizabeth Heyeck, CHP
Senior Health Physicist
D.C. Cook Nuclear Plant
269-466-2545
eahey...@aep.com<mailto:eahey...@aep.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic message contains information which may
be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a
firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender
without an additional express written confirmation to that effect.  The
information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and
access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that
you have received the message in error, and delete it.  Thank you.