On 10/9/06, Sean Kellogg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 09 October 2006 01:05, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> Is the toshiba_acpi module loaded? If yes, does a directory
> /proc/acpi/toshiba show up? If yes, please post the output of
> "cd /proc/acpi/toshiba; grep -r . ."

See....  asking questions is the right way to go.  I was not loading the
toshiba_acpi module (something which discover used to do on its own).  I
inserted the kernel and, poof, LCD brightness works like a charm!

So, the question of what distro you're using is still relevant.  On
Ubuntu, my system tries to load toshiba_acpi every boot - even though
I don't even have a toshiba.
--
derek