On Friday 27 October 2006 03:18, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > (6)   Timeframe
> > ==========================
> > A first stable running version - without not needed stuff from (3) -
> > until openSUSE Beta1/2/final. With the new stable and without dependecy
> > to powersave we can think about push KPowersave into KDE SVN as default
> > KDE powermanagent applet.
>
> So your target is KDE 3.5.* atm?

Yes, as first step.

> What about KDE4, is there any collaboration with the guys working on
> Solid? I guess they could use your experience on this topic.

There is currently no really collaboration. I discussed already some months
ago with one of the solid developer (IIRC Kevin Ottens) about the
powermanagemnt stuff in solid, but nothing more.

At the moment I feel not so confident about Solid. I'm not sure what the
advantage of this "yet an other level of indirection" for KPowersave could
be. We have now:
        kernel <-> HAL <-> D-Bus <-> KPowersave (and back)

and with Solid we would have:

        kernel <-> HAL <-> D-Bus <-> Solid <-> KPowersave (and back)

I see currently no advantage. But let see what the future bring ...

Cheers,

Danny