I think it is pointless to be worried about metaphors to the point of not using
them. Taken to extremes you would eventually be unable to communicate. To
communicate, you have to use language the same way your audience uses it.
Otherwise you are going to spend a lot of time re-explaining common words.

If you are speaking to a software professional about bugs, they know that the
meaning of that term includes errors. Further, the word bug covers things which
are not strictly speaking, an error. (The original moth from which the term bug
is coined, for example. You can argue that it was an error that the moth was
able to get in there, but that aside, there was not an error with the hardware
design or the software design. The "bug" was that the hardware was failing due
to the presence of a foreign object.)

I think it is better to accept that humans speak in and use metaphors.
Metaphors have limitations and pitfalls, but they also have advantages. Make
use of the advantages, and manage the limitations. This is what we do with all
technology.