Programming languages are suburbs of our language, as in

Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations, 18:

---
Do not be troubled by the fact that languages (2) and (8) consist only
of orders. If you want to say that this shews them to be incomplete,
ask yourself whether our language is complete;---whether it was so
before the symbolism of chemistry and the notation of the
infinitesimal calculus were incorporated in it; for these are, so to
speak, suburbs of our language. (And how many houses or streets does
it take before a town begins to be a town?) Our language can be seen
as an ancient city: a
maze of little streets and squares, of old and new houses, and of
houses with additions from various periods; and this surrounded by a
multitude of new boroughs with straight regular streets and uniform
houses.
---

- Gergely

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).