(i googled, w/out much success.)

Wondering if anybody knows of research that tries to get the word out
that naming is important. Or proves that naming isn't important! Maybe
nobody makes still little mistakes the way I do. Anyway, there are
things in the programming language world that make me cringe. They
look to me like highway train wrecks, if you'll pardon the metaphor,
sneaking around looking for a place to happen.

Picking two off the top of my head:
Scala: "val" vs. "var". One letter difference?!
Knockout JS: "viewmodel" instead of, gosh, say, just "model"?!

-Mr. Tempest in a Teapot.

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).