Marc van Dongen writes:
 > : Hi, I've read the examples on the web page; what other transitions are
 > : possible ? I guess there is some documentation somewhere I haven't read yet.
 [...]
 > I've added code for some commands below.

Thank you for answering this and for the command list.
Are there any objections to publish that on the web page?

 > : Is it possible to do effects like dimming text when you advance past a pause
 > : on a list so that you highlight the current text ? (I've been looking at
 > : what's possible in the example on http://www.utopiatype.com/pdf.html)
 >
 > That would be cool.

I see David Wilson from Utopia Type had to do something, after PPower4
came close ;-)
Because the actions behind the macros are hidden I cannot see, whether
one can do that only easily on his way going from TeX first to PostScript
and then to PDF. Scanning the pdf text for all color settings to dim a
section seems to be rather expensive, because the color is set often,
if I recall that correctly.

 > What I would like to see is something which specifies:
 > te order in which things are shown. Maybe something along the lines of
 >
 > \pause{1}{This first} \pause{3}{This last} \pause{2}{This second}

And next you would like to hide again parts of your former display, right?
That's what my boss asked for. But he didn't get that up to now either ;-)

Thinking about it changing all colors would be easier than keeping
track of the positioning if the pdf file.

None of these features are currently in my schedule. Some of them
require some cooperation/changes of pdftex, to make them easier to
implement.
But that is another nice thing in free software: if you need a
feature, you can pick the place, where it is implemented most easily,
effectively and/or properly.

        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt