dear Felix,
to run ppower4 yuo need JRE (java runtime environment) installed on your
PC.
If you haven't this installed download the latest version from the sun's
web site, istall it and add the bin folder to your path
(to set the path start->setting->system->environment variables or samething
like that.).
Now from the dos prompt you shold be able to run the java command.
I'm a linux user, so I'm not familiar with .bat files. Anyway under
linux I'm able to run pp4 like this

java -jar pp4p.jar inputfile.pdf outputfile.pdf

I'm confident you can run pp4 typing the same string to the dos prompt.
good luck
Gianfranco