On 17/03/2011, at 3:07 AM, raharley wrote:

The reason I ask is because I am working extensively with db interaction, zsql methods etc so filesystem vs ZMI is not as clear cut as it might be for other developers. For instance working with relational db data is easier in
the ZMI because Zope handles the transaction machinery.

This is an excellent point. I came across a large legacy app recently that was built purely using sqlmethods and python scripts. I was a little stumped on the "best practice" way to convert this to a modern app would be. Python scripts are almost always better done as browserviews, but sqlmethods aren't so clear... perhaps because it hasn't been written up that much. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere?