Yes, I used that technique.  Here's the code that doesn't work:

PUBLIC oEvents
oEvents=NEWOBJECT("myclass")
oComm = CREATEOBJECT("CrossPointServer.CrossPointServer") &&_comm object
EventActive=EVENTHANDLER(oComm,oEvents)
?EventActive

DEFINE CLASS myclass AS session OLEPUBLIC

 IMPLEMENTS Icrosspointserver IN "crosspointserver.crosspointserver"

 PROCEDURE Icrosspointserver_Startup() AS VARIANT
 WAIT WINDOW 'oEvents.Startup()'
 * add user code here
 ENDPROC

 PROCEDURE Icrosspointserver_Setup() AS VARIANT
 WAIT WINDOW 'oEvents.Setup()'
 * add user code here
 ENDPROC

 PROCEDURE Icrosspointserver_Output() AS VARIANT
 WAIT WINDOW 'oEvents.Output()'
 * add user code here
 ENDPROC

ENDDEFINE

EventActive returns .F.

Bill

> Your eventhandler object has to have all the events in the interface coded
in your PRG.
> This does not mean you need behavior code in each event, but the shell of
the procedure
> has to be there. The VFP Object Browser can help in this respect. All you
have to do is
> drag the interface to a PRG, and code the one event you need to respond
to.