On Oct 3, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Eurico Chagas Filho wrote:

> Let me see if i get this straight, Dabo is more like a "desktop app",

        Dabo *is* a desktop app framework. We created it because we wanted to
continue to develop apps as we had with VFP, but using Python instead, and not
locked into Windows. Dabo creates apps that run unmodified on Windows, Mac and
Linux.

> but it will not provide
> near as much a rich environment as VFP, right ?

        The Dabo UI is based on the wxPython toolkit, and it has a very rich
set of controls.

> So, i should have a desktop app w all the whistles and a not so great app to
> access the data
> from the Internet, right ?

        Depends on what you mean by "access the data". Do you mean that you
want to run your app from anywhere using a web browser? Then no, that's not
what Dabo does. Do you mean that you want to have your data on a server that
desktop apps all over the world can access over the internet? Then yes, Dabo is
perfect for that.

-- Ed Leafe