Ok, All basic configurations were taken care of.
Allow remote connections, protocols, firewall.
I spent a lot of time on this. I searched the internet. Tried everything I
found.
Now I installed Management Studio R2 and I still can't connect.
When I browse on the SSMS, it finds the server, but it gives the same error.
I disabled the firewall and still it does not work.
I am sure it's a M$ thing.

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------
Cannot connect to SQL\sqlserver.
------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a
connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible.
Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to
allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error
Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)
For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-1&LinkId=20476
BUTTONS:
OK