Alan,
I meant to put Java/Javascript not just Java as even though they are mututally
exclusive they do bear a common heritage. I must admit I quite like Titanium
but the problem I have with most new development systems and that includes
Apple iOS is that the HUGE frameworks around them make the simple task of
generating a few data entry screens with database a major undertaking in terms
of effort and understanding of how these frameworks work.

OK, we have all been spoilt by VFP which I feel is STILL the easiest Data
centric RAD to use bar none so where are the substitutes for our beloved
product? I still believe that porting some version of VFP like syntax onto
Android/iOS would have masses of developers using it - then again, maybe ease
of use doesn't help the software houses that have a vested interest in making
development difficult!

Anyway, all I can say is that  I have accomplished more in 2 days  using B4A
than I did with Titanium in 3 weeks - and it works, i.e job done, installed now
move onto the next task.

Current RAD development tools should be renamed VSAD (Very Slow Application
Development) for many of the current platforms. I haven't got time or energy to
plough through masses of documentation/framework design. I simply want to code
solid reliable apps and get them out to the user/customer.

Dave