Well Basic4Android is still on my todo list (and I keep getting nudges from their mailing list)
- but C# to Java? - there's an app for it <bg>
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/9789645d-9b31-4033-bcb1-53dc5ff58e05

  AndyD  8-)#

On 14/12/2012 16:52, Dave Crozier wrote:
Andy,
No, it is VB without all the nasties (i.e goto and labels etc) but including oop,
classes, libraries ( see the full list here:
http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/wiki/index.php/Libraries ) and a direct link down to
Eclipse. the IDE has sub...end sub for subroutines and follows the standard basic do
while .....loop, for  I= ..... next and if ... else... endif statements as well as the
case statement (like VFP's do case) with pre "dim" of veriables to exact data
types as well as objects/class instances.

The original stock program I wrote on the PDA took about a week in C# and the Android
"clone" has taken just over 2 days BUT I have added nice things like sliding
windows and listboxes as well as a feature to take a picture of the stock item if it is
unrecognisable for processing back at the office and also automatic QR code recognition
from the camera to speed the data entry of product codes..... all in 2 days! The last
thing I want to do over this weekend is tart it up a little so it can me used on phones
as well as tablets, but most of that is done in B4A already ... without any HTML crap
(sorry, it's my pet hate!!).

If you register onto the forums and look at the tutorials & examples from
developers there are literally hundreds of B4A projects that just work, and do what
you want in a real application. I've used these examples and free libraries more as
a learning aid than the official B4A documentation which I must say is great for
reference but useless as a learning tool.

Still, it doesn't matter how you learn does it and I love to get my hands dirty
cutting code rather than reading books. I just can't believe the price
though.... and you can use all the Android add on bits... camera, gps etc. etc.
so easily.

Dave