On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM, M Jarvis <brewda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  What does a Web Connect app care about whether the browser access it is
> Chrome
> > on Android, Safari on iOS or IE9 on W8?
>
> Because either the a) doofus developer is browser centric mindset
> and/or b) the browser is 'compliant' in that they have their OWN
> standards, but at least they publish them.... sometimes.... kinda...

Expand on this a little, would you?

I'm delivering browser-only apps to clients, and I want to write HTML5/CSS3
code, for the best performance and highest fidelity, (and 'cause it's the
most fun to write!) but have wedges in place to detect when new features
aren't available and graceful degradation to features the browser can
support.

Every browser is different, and I test on FireFox, Chromium, and IE, on
Linux, Windows and Android. It's a lot of work.

Back in the Fox days, we just had to worry about screen resolution! And
before that, EGA/VGA and ISCOLOR(). It never ends.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

multipart/alternative