From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Kurt
Sent: 04 February 2013 15:16
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: MORE Screen Hacking & a Query...

Hey Folks,

I've made a LOT of progress on this Utility I've been working on - to automate
conversion of system PRG code to Screens/Forms.

However, I've run into a complication that's a bit of a stumper.

Just to Prefix the explanation of the problem. To do the Screen Hacking - I
create what I call a Base Screen - which has Basic controls in it - including a
Container for the creation of required Pop-up windows. I copy that Base Screen
to a New screen file - for each program that will be converted. Then I
duplicate the basic controls - making copies of the records - to create the new
controls on the new screen. I'm now starting to look at implementing Methods -
like the Screen Init - in particular, putting into it the Parameters statement
from the PRG. I created dummy code - really just Commented code - within the
INIT Method in the Base Screen.

However, here's the problem. I open up the Base Screen as a DBF file - to look
at how that INIT Method is actually implemented. And, of course, I see the Code
within the Methods memo field - formatted as a Procedure. No problem there. I
got my conversion program to implement that without a problem. The problem lies
in the ObjCode memo field. I saw in the Base screen that this ObjCode memo
field has cryptically encoded data - lots of strange characters. But, within
all those strange characters - I found it showing the word "INIT". So -
obviously the Init code is in there. But, how to I properly implement this
ObjCode memo field. Since, its definitely related - and, on the new screen I
generated - the Methods field looks fine when I open the Screen like a DBF.
However, when I open the Screen AS a Screen - and I look at the Init Method -
its mostly Garbage!

I'm sure those familiar with the intricacies of Screen Hacking know what I am
talking about - and, hopefully can point me in the right direction.

TIA,

Kurt

--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/alternative
  text/html
---