> How do I:
>
> Render the field on the fly, use the old-style report writer, and make sure
> that a new row doesn't start unless the rendered height of the second object
> will fit completely on the page?

Memo field might help. You could use memlines() to calculate the
number of lines.

I have to assemble the contents of the field object in the field object itself, as the report is rendered. (My reporting system creates a cursor suitable for output in a variety of formats, for a variety of purposes, not just a VFP .frx report. As such, it needs to have discrete fields for each element of a mailing address. I would have to entirely rewrite the logic of the report system to get a pre-assembled mailing address into a memo field in a cursor. It's not worth the time and effort to do that.)

But thanks. You're the only person who has responded at all.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org