In the past, we've decoupled our error handler into a Foxpro based APP file. It worked out well.

[1] Create a project such as 'ErrHand.pjx' with all of the forms, programs and reports that are needed for a bulletproof error handling.
[2] Build using BUILD APP ErrHand FROM ErrHand
[2] Test the dickens out of it.
[3] In your main application, change error line to ON ERROR DO ErrHand.APP WITH {parameters usually found in VFP}

Worked nicely. I could update the ErrHand.app without affecting the main application, or more likely, update the main application without needing to touch the ErrHand.app.

HTH.