Hi Tracy!

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually what I'm trying to do is 'automate' a feature that's already built into mwresize. If you right click the resizer tab in the bottom right hand corner of the form mwresize pops up a small menu of choices (75%, 85%, 95%, etc) which, when you make a selection, resizes the form and all of its controls to the requested percentage of the forms original size. What I would like to do, in the absence of auto-resizing to match the current screen resolution, is to set up a public variable which would contain a number to be used as a fixed choice without having to use the menu when the form opens. This way I can get the resolution fairly close to what looks best. Thus, if the form is so large because of a lower resolution that you can't get at the resizer controls, you can set this (maybe during the initial system configuration at install time) to get the form resized automatically.

Kind of a 'back door' approach but a viable solution if I can get it to work.

Bill

On 2015-03-06 4:25 PM, Tracy Pearson wrote:
William Pew wrote on 2015-03-06:
  Hello, again!
Here we go with yet another resizer question. I have not been able to find a "drop in" automatic resizer to handle
  screen resolution differences among computers. If anyone knows of one
  I'd be very interested - problem solved.
Failing that, I've been using mwresize for interactive screen resizing.
  It works beautifully. I thought if I could find a way to pass the vcx a
  parameter to have it resize the form to a particular percentage of the
  original size when the form is called this would be close enough. I have
  no idea how to manage this.
Can anyone give me an idea how this might be achieved? Or, does anyone
  have contact information for Markus Winhard (mwresize author) so I might
  ask him?
Thanks, Bill Pew

Bill,

When you say a percentage of the original size. Are you basing this off the
original size of the top level form this form is opening in?
I can think of two ways to get information to a form when it is
instantiating. You can pass parameters to the Init method. The other one is
having some public like variable. I like to put things on _Screen with
AddProperty() during runtime.  In another program, I use a public settings
object to maintain those type of settings.

HTH,
Tracy

Tracy Pearson
PowerChurch Software