Thanks Ted. Stephen must be absent today. We miss you when you aren't here. ;^)

On 3/31/2015 2:28 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
I yield to the other DBAs here. I consider SQL Server a read-only
product to migration to other databases. My DBA experience is a decade
out of date.

I thought there was discussion here on a FREE developer edition, but
now I can't locate that thread.

$49 seems like a reasonable deal.

I would expect a later db to read a dump from an earlier one, but
don't expect you can dump this into an earlier edition. I have done
it, by generating SQL Scripts, targeting early versions, but there's
no guarantee that will work.