I don't recall if I've ever run into an error 1801. You go, Gene!

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa976358(v=vs.71).aspx

Seems to indicate that subqueries don't support the syntax. Note
that's an old MSDN entry, so 9.0 could be better.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Gene Wirchenko <ge...@telus.net> wrote:
> Hello:
>
>     This statement works:
>
>    select *;
>    from cwkt;
>    where;
>     funccode="TW" and trndate>={^2017.07.01} and;
>     exists;
>      (;
>      select .t. from ctwc;
>      where;
>       cwkt.clcode=ctwc.clcode and cwkt.wccode=ctwc.wccode and;
>       cwkt.trndate>=ctwc.validfr and cwkt.trndate<=ctwc.validto;
>      );
>    order by clcode,wonbr,trndate

Is there likely to be more than one ctwc record with with a valid date
range on the transaction date? If there should be only one cwtc
record, then the query could be re-written as:

    select cwkt.*;
    from cwkt;
    JOIN ctwc
    ON  cwkt.clcode=ctwc.clcode and cwkt.wccode=ctwc.wccode
    where;
     funccode="TW" and trndate>={^2017.07.01} and;
     cwkt.trndate between ctwc.validfr and ctwc.validto;
    order by clcode,wonbr,trndate

Or you could use the greater-than-or-equal, less-than-or-equal syntax,
since you no longer have a correlated subquery.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC