Basically, the moniker "VFPA" is three things:

a) the regular 32Bit VFP9 enginge, patched with 30+ bugfixes
b) same as a), but with a 64bit engine
c) a true 64bit compiler, which doesn't need the runtime etc

BTW, the "A" in VFPA is the next HEX sign after 9, or a 10 in Dec. But it
also fits with the "Advanced" tag :)

VFPA is already around since several years, and Mr.Chen seems to be very
knowledgable with Assembler and debugging C++ machinecode :)

Personally I use the regular 32bit version without any problems at my
customers site. It behaves just as a usual VFP9 without some quirks. I was
bitten by those report-engine bugs as well as the Grid-Optimize problem, and
with VFPA this stuff just works.  You just do a "recompile all" on your
project, put your EXE and that single VFPAR.DLL to your customer and that's
all.  One caveat: VFPA hast he language-Resource-DLL included, thus you need
different VFPAR.dll for different langauges. (Personally I don't like that
approach, since you can't run in a multi-language scenario anymore, where
VFP picks the language DLL according to the user settings)

Also I'm not really convinced about the need for the 64bit version. At least
not for existing desktop applications. As soon as you have some FLLs or OCXs
included, you're basically toasted, since you need those as a 64bit version.
Since most of the VFP specific addons are already 15 years old,  the chances
to get those vendors to compile their old stuff into a 64bit version are
somewhat desillusional.

Then: what do you gain from a 64bit version? You don't get over the 2Gb
limit for DBFs, it's just that it can address more RAM. Ok, when did you ran
out of RAM with a VFP version, where the engine was built to work even on
PCs with as little as 64MB RAM?    You also have a marketing plus, because
you're now a native 64bit app. And it may run a little bit faster because of
the unneeded 32Bit layer in Windows.  As long as you don't need any of your
old addons....

But it does have a valid usecase for Middle-tier applications, like
ActiveFoxProPages or AFPX or FIC, where the VFP engine connects directly to
64bit WebServers.
BTW: @ChristofWollenhaupt: did you already compiled the AFP engine with
VFPA?

The third option, a true compiler, is stil work in progress. It does work,
but stil has the same restrictions as option b). Mr.Chen is working to
enhance the limitations at various parts like max. Stringlength, max DBF
size etc, but there are a lot of complications.

woOdy