On 2017-12-01 08:15, Jürgen Wondzinski wrote:
The effect which Tracy mentioned (single network user is faster than
multiple users), is only partly related to that topic, but mostly with the dreaded Opportunistic Locking (or short "OpLock", which corrupts our CDX and data). SMB2/3 (as a streaming protocol) holds a local buffer to accomodate datastreams as well as OppLocks. The common solution is to disable that caching, which effectively kills the OpLocks problem. For that you have to set three Registry Keys at the CLIENT, nothing to do at server side. You
can/should check for correct settings in your app at startup, but you
(normally) can't change those settings on the fly, since you need Admin
Rights for that. (Thus you'd better package those into your installer)
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686200%28WS.10%29.aspx

Hi wOOdy,

See here:  https://www.screencast.com/t/4tEaNq72

I don't see those 3 different settings (DirectoryCacheLifetime, FileNotFoundCacheLifetime, and FileInfoCacheLifetime) at all. Plus, the middle column in the M$ page--those values all look the same: https://www.screencast.com/t/EErMmZ4z6r

I'm confused?