Throwing this out to the wisdom of the crowd. For many, many years we have been
doing some data interchange in our VFP application between back office DBs (VFP
or SQL) and a centrally located SQL DB via ODBC. The question has been raised
about encrypting that traffic by going through a VPN tunnel. I was wondering if
anyone here has implemented a VPN on the fly before making ODBC requests.
Preferably I could only make this connection when I need it as opposed to
firing up a VPN before the application starts as most things done by the
program do not require this data interchange.

TIA

--

rk

multipart/alternative