I have a client who issues tickets in numerical sequence (it's a pawnshop). The sequence helps them balance things back at the end of the day (read that as check for stealing) when checking the various parcels received for the tickets issued (they keep a copy of the ticket issued to their customer and at the end of the day sort them sequentially and read the numbers off the tickets to ensure they match the parcels). They are now not wanting the number printed on the ticket as their competitors may be able to get an idea from the sequential numbers how much business they are doing (by getting a ticket early in the morning and then one ate in the afternoon).

So, they have asked me to come up with a solution and I must admit that I am coming up blank.

Any ideas?

--

Frank.

Frank Cazabon