On 2018-10-23 14:12, Stephen Russell wrote:
Dynamics is an ERP that has a tremendous amount of set up that
identifies how things play out in all the different processes that are
happening.  An Order my now take 10+ different operations to take it in
status from New to Shipped. It probably has contracts for defining pricing to a customer on set items and how the price can be increased or decreased
by the system.

What you wrote is probably super customized for 20-30 different screens.
Dynamics has 300+ screens.  Dynamics also interacts with CRM which is
either a blessing or a curse.

Did they look to Salesforce as well?

No clue...no communication with dev team for years.

When you go from a customized "glass slipper" app to something like what I saw, wow...that's a huge bucket of cold water on you as the end-user. I feel sorry for both end-users and devs.