I address the security concerns in my whitepaper, which I'll share as soon
as I can, but hundreds of people use VFPA. I believe if anything nefarious
were happening (data pilfering, e.g.) it would have been discovered and the
entire project would immediately collapse. Wireshark could easily sniff
packets trying to be sent out to unauthorized places. Chen is staking his
reputation on his integrity and so far there's no reason to question it.

Eric