Hi, Paul:

Do you know if the port and adapter are USB 2 or 3?

What does a speed testing site like speedtest.net (or the UK equivalent)
tell you your current connection is?

Of course, it all depends on where the bottleneck is: your machine,
adapter, home net speed, VPN overhead, the office's VPN server max speed,
the office internet speed, what app you're trying to run (not big DBFs
remotely, I hope!), etc., but I'm sure you know all that.