From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Joe
Yoder
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 6:41 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Navigating structure using list boxes?

I am an infrequent user of VFP and have never mastered the GUI.

I need to allow a user to choose storage locations from the structure below
for several fields on a screen where the possible choices are in a
structure several layers deep.

Is there a control to handle this or a simple way to roll my own?

This is a simple representation of the locations to chose from.:

Shop/Cabinet/Shelf1

Shop/Cabinet/ Drawer1

Shop/Bench/Shelf1

Office/Bench/Drawer1

Office/Cabinet/ Drawer1

Office/Cabinet/Shelf1

Office/Bench/Shelf1

Office/Bench/Drawer1

Trailer/Bench/Drawer1

Trailer/Cabinet/ Drawer1

Trailer/Cabinet/Shelf1

TrailerBench/Shelf1

Trailer/Bench/Drawer1

Even though the Drawers and Shelves appear to repeat they are all different
and can add up to 150 choices for a location in my office.  I clearly do
not want to scroll through the entire list to make a choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

multipart/alternative