I remember a Thunderbird discussion on here a Good WHILE ago - I may have been the instigator. I do remember someone saying that the email data for Thunderbird was actually something like SQL Lite. Again - this is purely based upon memory - and, old people like me - well, we have Memory leakages...

Have you tried doing a search of ProFox archives for the word Thunderbird? IF so - you might potentially get a Hit!

-Kurt