Hey there folks,

So, I know there is a Leafe mailing list for Python, as I just looked on the Leafe mailing lists website. But, sadly - unlike this one - it pretty much looks dead. Sad - since I was just beginning to get back into some Python programming again.

I did notice that even this forum has gotten to be VERY Quiet. Sad indeed!

Truthfully, I have not seriously done any FoxPro since like 2020, and even that was a Small personal project. Last serious work was in like Nov 2017. And, I know that FoxPro usage in general is dying off across the world...

Anyway - back to the topic at hand: Python.

In my case, I'm actually using the PySimpleGUI to build UI's. Its a project I'm coming back to, as it was mothballed about a year ago - due to a big round of layoffs at the 3D Printing co. where I was working. So - yeah, FYI - I'm back at that co. - they hired me back last year in Oct.!  I'm pretty thrilled to be back - especially as it truly is my Dream Job!

Anyway - short synopsis of tool I am working on.

If someone is printing a REALLY Large print job - which can literally take like 5 days or more to run, problem is - if you get an error on the machine that can not be recovered from. It can be a pretty Epic fail - not only because all the lost hours, but, also costs of filament. For instance - a special filament like Ultem - can run a customer like $750 for 2.5Kg of the stuff. So, if a customer runs a big print job - and they are on the 2nd spool - and printer dies 1/2 way thru that spool - you have essentially thrown like $1100 Down the Toilet!

The tool I am creating will essentially take a massive GCode file, and based upon criteria - find out where it left off printing. Then, remove all the lines of code that have already been printed - but, making sure some of the GCode lines at the top, like print temperatures - are still included. Then, it will have proper lines to restart that print job.

Anyway - probably TMI in regards to this posting. But, if anyone could point me in the direction of a forum similar to this one - where I could get some help in Python programming - that would be Awesome!

Thanks,
Kurt