From: ProfoxTech <profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com> On Behalf Of Alan Bourke
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 10:36 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Fun with .Net DLLs

Richard
I assume you created a project of type 'Class Library'. No you can't debug
those, you need to host it in some other sort of exectuable project. To debug
that you either need to add another project of a type that is executable to
your solution (like a Windows Forms, WPF or Console application) and reference
the output from the first project in that, so you can test it. You need to
right-click on that project in Solution Explorer and select 'Set As Startup
Project'.

Normally I would recommend to test it on the .NET side you actually use a
proper testing framework like MSTest or NUnit. However what you're trying to
really needs to be checked visually so that's probably overkill initially.

Did you make the relevant methods COM-visible, i.e. like:

[ComVisible(true)]
[Guid("8C019E76-59BE-43A6-9DD9-66F7C9CAE67B")]
[ProgId("MyApp.ExcelConvert")]
[ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual)]
[ComSourceInterfaces(typeof(IExcelConvertEvents))]
public class ExcelConvertHelper
{
}

I must confess I've never gotten the wwDotNetBridge registration-free COM to
work. I've always had to add an installer project in .NET and just make users
install and register the assembly.

Don't forget you have to build it as 32-bit to use it from VFP.

--
Alan Bourke
alanpbourke (at) fastmail (dot) fm