Hi Joe,

If you don't mind a command window opening you can use the ! or RUN.
    !c:\temp\params.cmd def abc

I wrote a cmd file that has the following
    echo %1, %2
    pause

I have these procedures I have used as well
    Procedure StartExplorer1
       *-- Start a Windows Explorer window in the current path
       Local oShell As wScript.Shell
       oShell = Createobject("wScript.Shell")
       *-- If the folder list is prefered use "Explorer /e,"
    *   oShell.Run("Explorer " + Fullpath(""))
       oShell.Exec("Explorer " + Fullpath(""))
       Release oShell
    ENDPROC

    PROCEDURE StartExplorer
       DECLARE INTEGER ShellExecute IN Shell32.DLL ;
          INTEGER nWinHandle, ;
          STRING  cOperation, ;
          STRING  cFileName,  ;
          STRING  cParameters, ;
          STRING  cDirectory,  ;
          INTEGER nShowWindow
       LOCAL lcExec, lnRet
       lcExec = ADDBS(GETENV("windir")) + "system32\explorer.exe"
       lnRet = ShellExecute(_Screen.HWnd, "open", SYS(5)+SYS(2003), "",
SYS(5)+SYS(2003), 1)
       *MESSAGEBOX(lcExec + CHR(13) + TRANSFORM(lnRet))
    ENDPROC

HTH,
Tracy